- August 31, 2017
- Posted by: April Barnard
What Is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), is a set of guidelines that a website should follow. It is used to optimize a website to make it search engine friendly and improve a website’s ranking on search engines.
SEO is also a great way to increase a website’s quality by making the site more user-friendly, easy to navigate, and faster. In today’s search engine driven world, SEO is more important than ever to ensure that your website is pulled up when people look for products or services.
Why Use SEO?
If your business/brand has a website, online store, etc., SEO can help you grow your business and meet your company objectives. Search Engine Optimization is important because:
- People are more likely to click on one of the top five search engine results when they type something in the search bar. SEO can help make your business one of those top five results.
- Good SEO will improve the usability of your website and boost user experience making your website easier to navigate.
- Because people trust search engines, if your business has keywords and SEO that puts your website near the top, customers are more likely to trust your website.
- SEO can boost social media promotion. Customers who can find your website on Google, Bing, or another search engine, are more likely to share/promote your website on social media websites such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- SEO can boost your website ahead of your competitor’s websites. For example, if your company sells the same products or services as another company, if your website is correctly searched engine optimized, your website will likely have more customers and sell more products or services.
Marketing with April’s team is SEO trained and can get your website on the right path to reaching top search engine listings.